Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wheel D4: Blue Shimmers

Blue is due for the spotlight on Nail Wheel Wednesday, and this wheel has a range from light through dusty to dark.



1. Studio M On the Hunt (3 coats) [such a pretty golden shimmer here]
2. Maybelline Express Finish Lilac Haze (3) [I guess this was named for the purpley shimmer]
3. Maybelline Express Finish Pluto Pearl (3)
4. Ulta Professional Something Blue (3) [why they don't do shades like this in full sizes is beyond me]
5. Butter London Lady Muck (3) [would have been 2 coats if I hadn't bumped the wheel before it was dry]
6. Maybelline Express FinishMatte Blue (3)
7. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Icing (3)
8. Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Embellish Frost (4) [not as brushstrokey as the name would imply]
9. China Glaze Blue Island Iced Tea (2)
10. Maybelline Express Finish Stone Washed (2)
11. Nicole by OPI Blue Jeans (4) [one of the colors that convinced me to let these saggy bottles into my stash]
12. LA Girl Sapphire (4) [seems like this should be 3, but my notes say four and don't have any indication I dinged it and had to add another coat to fix]
13. China Glaze Rodeo Fanatic (2)
14. Maybelline Express Finish New Year's Blues (3) [I think of this as my downmarket version of Essie Starry Starry Night]
15. BB Couture for Men Anthony (2)
16. Catrice Hip Queens Wear Blue Jeans (2)
17. Sinful See You Soon (2)
18. Nicole by OPI Blues in the Night (3)
19. OPI Unripened (3)
20. Sinful What's Your Name (3)

Bottles 1 through 5:


6 through 10:


11 through 15:


16 through 20:
















The 17 through 20 range seems ripe for destashing, but they're not the same, they're similar, and I'm sure most of you understand how that goes. If I were forced to choose only ten from this wheel to keep, I'd go with 1, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 19. Then I'd try to grab 13 (and maybe 10 as well) when whomever was forcing me to choose was distracted by something else.

13 comments:

  1. I think I need Lady Muck in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh i love blues!
    I wouldn't know which one to go for haha!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many, many lovely shades of blue shimmers - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been in the fence with Lady Muck...not sure if I need it! Love NOPI Blue Jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol I'm so glad nobody's making anybody choose! Would be cruel. ;) Lady Muck looks divine and I believe I'll be adding that to a "please have another bogo sale" wishlist. I can't believe I don't have that Sinful Colors yet. I love nail wheel Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I really like the light shimmers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My eyes went right to #14, because I clearly love anything Starry Starry Night and dupe-related!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking at these, I'm not sure I could pick only 10. Maybe 19.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a great nail polish collection :) How do you store your polishes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep most of my polish in Helmer drawer units from IKEA, with overflow and things I've pulled out for swatching going into boxes that I move around my house. Back in 2010 when my stash was much smaller than it is now, I posted an entry about it:

      http://thekarend.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-stash-let-me-show-you-it.html

      Delete
  10. I'm loving dark and periwinkle blues right now!! Especially when it gets further into winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm I love the blue-overload of this post! It is my favorite polish color! ^.^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.