Thursday, March 10, 2011

Recent NOTD: Estee Lauder Extravagant Pearl

Oh, Estee Lauder. I really like Surreal Violet and Ultra Violet, so when I saw you had some new colors late last year, I got both of them. I haven't had time to try the purple one yet (Extravagant Night) but I put on the other one recently, and I have to say I was disappointed. I guess I knew there might be trouble, since in the bottle it looked gold, and gold is not my thing, but I could see pretty sparkles, and with a name like Extravagant Pearl, I thought maybe once on my nails, the gold would be just a sheen on a flattering pearly base color.



Well, no. On my nails, I got gold. I don't much like gold on me, so I didn't care for this. It felt old fashioned somehow.







I will admit I liked it better in direct sun, when I could see a lot more of the sparkles.



At three coats, I still had a hint of visible nail line, so perhaps I'll try this as a layering polish, maybe over something like China Glaze Channelesque to cool it down.

14 comments:

  1. I love it, even with the visible nail line!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, it's gorgeous! That polish is what I wanted FP Winter Wishes to be. It's beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I label this polish: Must Have Pretty NAO! :) It's really gorgeous on you. Haz lemming nao. TY :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it. I don't have any EL polishes. YET!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, that is waaaaaay different from bottle to nail. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree...I think it is really pretty even with the VNL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uau!!! Gorgeus!!!. I don't have any nail polish of this brand but for sure is a gorgeus colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I really liked it from the bottle colour, but it looks so different on the nail! It's still pretty, but now what I expected! I think it's a nice gold though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this looks very pretty on you. I bet it would be a nice color to layer with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this sparkly number!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful color.U for me it isn't possible to get him

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.