Saturday, July 10, 2010

Partying at the Palace

I've heard some people call the new Confetti line CVS's version of Sinful. Overall Confetti has more "safe" colors and cremes than Sinful, but one of the Confettis I got was a glitter, Party Palace Blue. I thought it looked a lot like Sinful Hottie.

Blue glitter

Sinful Hottie (left) and Confetti Party Palace Blue.


I layered them over Essie Lapis of Luxury (3 coats) and Essie Mesmerize (2 coats) and they sure did look alike. The biggest difference I noticed was the glitter in Hottie was denser; I needed two coats of Party Palace Blue to match one coat of Hottie.

Blue glitter

Blue glitter

Top to bottom: Lapis of Luxury with Party Palace Blue, Lapis of Luxury with Hottie, Mesmerize with Party Palace Blue, Mesmerize with Hottie.


I definitely don't need both of these. I like the Confetti bottle shape better, but since the Sinful covers better, I think that gives it the edge.

*****

Edited 12-Jul-2010 to add this photo showing the Sinful on its own:

Blue glitter

Top to bottom: one coat, two coats, three coats, four.

10 comments:

  1. Nice to see comparisons. Looks like these two will need to be used as layering, regardless of which one gets.

    Good choices of color to lay down first too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...they do look very similar. I dont have either of those. They are both pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree...I think the Sinful bottles are ugly. Walgreens is only 10 minutes away from me and CVS is an hour so no Confetti polishes for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would they be blue at all on a white or natural shade? I love seeing the pretty glitter colors but they don't always show those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See, I actually like the Sinful bottle shape but it throws me off it is so similar to china glaze! great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  6. man, i'm glad i didn't pick up that Confetti. SC bottle's are not all that but they have some great colors.

    thanks for the comparison! my store lighting must be off because the confetti looks brighter in CVS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I might just stick with Sinful Colors unless CVS is having a good sale ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have nothing constructive to say except, "I love the Sinful Colors version."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comments, ladies!

    Freshie, inspired by your question I swatched the Sinful by itself and added a picture showing what 1 through 4 coats looks like on bare nails.

    AggiePigeon, yes, their similarity bothers me too; the Confetti shape is unique in my stash, so it's too bad I don't like the polish as well as other brands.

    Enamel Girl, I also think the Confetti may look brighter because it's not as dense in color/glitter as the Sinful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered about a comparison of these when I swatched Party Palace Blue on my blog. Thanks for doing one...I'd have had to go out and buy a bottle of SC Hottie again as I'd shipped mine overseas. Not that they're expensive and that's whats so fabulous about these lacquers is the great price for a good product. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting! I greatly appreciate knowing I'm not just talking to myself here. :) I'm moderating most comments now due to the spate of spammers who claim to be looking for sexy times.